Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 01 May 2015, 08:38 AM Agree 0
With more and more brokers reporting a growing portfolio of alternative deals, is it time the industry got serious about education?
  • Harry | 01 May 2015, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    Absolutely agree with Albert and as an alternative lender, we see education as a key ingredient to the success of the broker industry in moving the market share needle in the right direction in future. We provide seminars on how to identify, categorize, process and close more alternative business free of cost. I would also recognize the efforts of other Alternative lenders in the industry in raising awareness and providing educational content to our broker/agent partners.
    As an association at IMBA, we are close to putting together a course on Alternative Business that will be available to our members free of cost as well. As a longtime proponent of further education on Alternative Lending, I am very pleased to see increased awareness and additional dialogue on this matter.
  • Claire Drage | 05 May 2015, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    Training is so important and education that goes beyond the licensing exam. I truly believe that a good mortgage broker takes the next step to continue their education beyond the course and is prepared to dig into their pocket a little to take their business to the next level – one of the reasons I started The Lion’s Share Group was because I couldn’t find any education that could get me up to speed quickly and I didn’t waste time trying to “figure deals out” at the expense of the client, my reputation or opportunities. We are licensed to “trade in mortgages” which goes beyond data entry and press submit to a lender. Learning how to finance the more challenging files thru innovative underwriting and packaging is key…That is what we do at The Lion's Share Group.
Post a reply