Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 24 Oct 2011, 11:00 AM Agree 0
AMBA and IMBA have come together in a partnership to strengthen support and educational opportunities for their members – but also with the potential to better market mortgage brokers.
  • Dean Koeller | 25 Oct 2011, 04:20 AM Agree 0
    It is great to see our provincial associations working together to further the possibilities and the resources we have. There is no need to duplicate what one association is doing, we should be working together to further the interest of our industry. What I would like to see is CAAMP take a leadership role in working with our industry to build strong resources for the provincial associations. This would be a great direction for our industry to take. But until then I am happy to see AMBA and IMBA take that leadership role, not only on this issue but other issues including the impact of new Federal budget rule changes that will impact private lending in Canada.
  • Cynical Broker | 25 Oct 2011, 07:28 AM Agree 0
    Dean, you make a great point - but with only 5 of the 15 CAAMP directors as actual in-the-field Brokers and Agents, do you actually think that will ever happen? I'm happy that my provincial association has decided to work more closely with another, especially since I think the people in each association can relate to each others' issues better. Let's see where this leads!
  • AMP Broker | 25 Oct 2011, 02:31 PM Agree 0
    They should disband and let CAAMP run the show.
    Jim and michael are doing a great job for us and
    Are worth every penny
  • Non-AMP Member...by choice | 26 Oct 2011, 05:38 AM Agree 0
    I would hate for CAAMP to take over. CAAMP is very driven in Ontario but does not give equal options to the rest of Canada. HAving the individual organizations isnt ideal, but at least it offers voice for brokers across Canada as opposed to the Ontario voice. CAAMP has been great to offer free online education for Ontario brokers...but what about the rest of Canada? Why must we pay to our individual associations what our national one offers Ontario for free.
    To disband the individual would just leave the rest of Canada lacking on a voice or organization all together...
Post a reply