Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 13 Nov 2014, 11:01 AM Agree 0
Another day, another mortgage fraud; this time, the alleged perpetrator has fled the country.
  • Glen | 13 Nov 2014, 01:14 PM Agree 0
    Similarly ... Agatha Chung

http://www.mortgagebrokernews.ca/news/notary-suspension-offers-lesson-for-brokers-173863.aspx
  • Angela Wong-Liao - Invis | 13 Nov 2014, 04:06 PM Agree 0
    I notice over the past ten years, I am finding mortgage frauds by real estate lawyers are growing quickly. Why?

I understand that real estate lawyers are making less money in comparing to their counterparts who are practicing other types of law, ie: family law, corporate law, immigration law, labour law and others, can this be one of the reason of the increasing mortgage frauds by real estate lawyers?

I caution my clients, especially first time home buyers to deal with bigger and more reputable law firms when they are choosing their lawyers.

Lenders are careful in accepting lawyers, I have seen real estate lawyers who were accepting by the lenders before and refused to accept the same lawyer now for client transactions.
  • Terry Lynch | 13 Nov 2014, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    How is this Mortgage Fraud since, unless I'm mistaken, it seems no lender is out of pocket? According to your report, it looks like these people were victims of pure and simple FRAUD
  • Terry Lynch | 13 Nov 2014, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    How is this Mortgage Fraud since, unless I'm mistaken, it seems no lender is out of pocket? According to your report, it looks like these people were victims of pure and simple FRAUD
  • Ron Butler | 13 Nov 2014, 07:26 PM Agree 0
    Correct Terry, looting your trust account and fleeing the country is plan old fraud and theft. The mortgages were just tangential. Based on recent observations the LAWPro premiums should be on the way up big tlme.
  • Kuldip S Panesar Homeland Mortgage Corp. | 14 Nov 2014, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    This is not a mortgage fraud , title of this news may changed. The Fraud is committed by the Lawyer and innocent clients are victims. There may be possibility of the involvement of the real estate agents.
    If these Lawyer are making less money than other Lawyers who deal with family disputes and other criminal cases that doesn't mean they should do frauds.
    There must be more checks and controls on the trust accounts of the Lawyers .
  • James Resourceful Capital Financial Corporation | 19 Nov 2014, 02:59 PM Agree 0
    This is just fraud, plain and simple. Planned and pre-meditated fraud. Sadly you read about this regularly nowadays.
  • Mr.John Harry | 04 Dec 2014, 12:59 PM Agree 0
    Good Day To You

My Name is John Harry we Offer out a loan interest rate is 3%. Do you need an Xmas loan or any kind of loan? if yes, Email:johnharry511@gmail.com for more information

We only offer out in, Dollars, Pounce, Euro..

Full Name:
    Loan Amount:
    Duration:
    Address:
    Phone Number

God Bless you.
    Mr.John Harry
Post a reply