Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 24 Aug 2010, 11:10 AM Agree 0
Alberta's total housing starts in July were up 61.5 per cent over last year for the same month, according to the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
  • vittorio | 25 Aug 2010, 05:21 AM Agree 0
    hey status can be put together to show anything you want, but lets be serious, the sale in calgary are down, nothing is moving, I have been talking to realtor other brokers and other banks and the only kind of mortgage anybody is really doing is refiance and line of credit- so when I hear that housing starts in july were up, I have to laugh because nobody is buying and the house buble that everybody was worried about it has not yet hit, I perdict that in the next year or two house price will drop another 20% before anything moves.
  • Kal | 25 Aug 2010, 06:45 AM Agree 0
    While I understand that much of the market sentiment is that nothing is moving - however the numbers stated by CMHC is based on actual comparison to 2009 i.e. is a quantitative measure therefore dismisses and renders your argument invalid. Some of my Realtor contacts as well as Mortgage Agents are complaining about the market but a few Realtors and myself included find the market to have picked up substantially in the last month. Just in my neighborhood homes have been listed and sold withing a 3 week period ! I find there is much to prosper from in a recession or market down turn as history would show and then repeat itself ! Whenever a market favours buyers; the buyer will dictate a price - a drop is this market is inevitable which also helps increase sales - perhaps lower the profit a seller is looking to make but that is all. Due to lower prices and mortgage rates the market has started to move again ! Regards !
Post a reply