Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Aug 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Just over a year after Mortgage Professionals Canada’s president left for new pastures, another leader departs
  • Concerned Mortgage Pro | 08 Aug 2016, 10:31 AM Agree 0
    This is really unfortunate for the industry. Cindy has long been an advocate for mortgage agents and brokers and was the first at the association who shared the value of a mortgage broker through public relations, advertising and marketing campaigns. She took it through a successful rebranding and finally the association was starting to be valued by brokers. Cindy was the most recognizable face of the association and she will be missed.
  • @MortgagePro10 | 08 Aug 2016, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    Hopefully we see Cindy pop back up in the industry very soon. As the above comment alludes, she is a boon to spreading the message of the value of using mortgage brokers and a great, great person in general. Best wishes on life's next chapter Cindy!
  • Ron Butler | 08 Aug 2016, 02:11 PM Agree 0
    My observation was that Cindy did a very good job and she was an asset to MPC. Here's hoping she gets a new spot in our industry and continues to make a contribution.

Regrettably, Top Leadership at MPC does not do itself any favors by some of their recent moves: the off and on Vancouver Forum, the down grade to a 2 day Forum from 15 years of a 3 day meeting with zero comment until the agenda was published. A fairly muted reaction to all of the recent BC changes. And now Cindy is gone. Here's hoping we start seeing some real positives out of MPC very soon.
  • Adriana | 08 Aug 2016, 05:53 PM Agree 0
    I truly wondered about this 'rebranding'. It seemed suicidal with such nondescript name. We just call it CAAMP. No wonder she lost her job.
  • A | 09 Aug 2016, 09:17 AM Agree 0
    I just wish that CAAMP goes back to being called CAAMP. It was terrible idea doing this change.

I posted this message earlier yesterday but I guess MBN. I did not realize that they filter their comments. Good to know.
  • Broker | 09 Aug 2016, 04:35 PM Agree 0
    The name "CAAMP" sucked because consumers didn't get it. Thank god they changed it.

Cindy is a great person but who knows what led to her departure. I wouldn't read too much into it because none of us know the full story.
  • Adriana | 10 Aug 2016, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    Hi 'Broker'. I disagree. The new name is horrible. No wonder she lost her job. As far as her personality, I prefer to stay silent. Nothing nice to report.
Post a reply