Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 26 Jan 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
With many rumours circulating regarding the future of Abode Mortgage Corporation, the prime lender that shut down its mortgage business back in Nov. 2009, CMP was able to speak frankly with David Nelson, CEO and Chairman of the Board, to attempt to clarify a few of them.
  • Christopher | 27 Jan 2010, 03:49 AM Agree 0
    That is great news espically for the people who are owed outstanding Finders Fees. I have to admit Abode was a common sense lender which is sadly needed in todays markets.
  • Kathleen | 27 Jan 2010, 05:14 AM Agree 0
    all the $ Abode owes me, then I'll "consider" whether to bother with their new incarnation!
  • Betty | 27 Jan 2010, 06:06 AM Agree 0
    I am with Kathleen on this one.
  • Steven | 27 Jan 2010, 06:44 AM Agree 0
    I'm just curious what kind of "communication" Abode made with it's brokers that were owed money. Were any of you told that they would eventually be paying, or were you completely shut out.
    Personaly this is the first Ive heard of them wanting to pay me back.
  • Alex | 27 Jan 2010, 07:39 AM Agree 0
    will have enough "sense" to pay those who give them any hope of success in the future. Good start, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they can really step it up in the eyes of Brokers.
  • vittorio oliverio | 28 Jan 2010, 01:52 AM Agree 0
    While I am glad that they are going to pay any outstanding commission. but that is not what is important to me. they helped one of my clients while others were not and I am very happy and made my client very happy. now he is back to normal and I already gotten paid by the amount of referral this client had given me. 20 to date in the last 3 months and everyone closed. so I already made more money than abode could have given me. thanks abode and I for one I am glad their back. I support them in the past and I am looking forward to support them in the future. glad to see you back abode.
  • John | 31 Jan 2010, 06:02 AM Agree 0
    $$$$ to donuts it is TD bank or TD financial, if it is a bank as they are the only "common sense" bank in Canada.

Otherwise 1st National
Post a reply