Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 29 Oct 2014, 11:59 AM Agree 0
Conversation on MortgageBrokerNews.ca evolved from a discussion about underwriting exceptions to one about monolines vs. big banks and two brokers discussed their individual reasoning for supporting one or the other.
  • Angela Wong-Liao - Invis | 29 Oct 2014, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    After 13 years in the mortgage brokerage business, I learned that we have to give choices to our clients, banks, non-bank lenders, trust companies, credit unions & private lenders. Each clients have their unique needs and we have to provide them with choices and information, so that our clients can make an inform decision.
  • Omer Quenneville | 29 Oct 2014, 10:13 PM Agree 0
    I tell all my clients that banks are not your friend and some, particularly those that dealt with TD bank agree whole heartedly. Any good deal at a bank can be beat.
  • Gord B | 30 Oct 2014, 07:51 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Angela. We need to think of our clients first and deliver them the best product. We sometimes have clients with unusual income issues, need of ETO's over $200k etc which the monolines cannot deliver right now. Our job is to find the best answer for the client, not what is best for ourselves. Have to agree with Omer on TD though. Shockingly bad service throughout the organization. Don't know how they let it get so bad.
Post a reply