Broker news forum - have your say

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Showing 1841 - 1850 of 2751
Topic & Comments
Job losses threaten spring market by Vernon Clement Jones | 2013-02-09 7:45:14 AM

The nearly 22,000 jobs Canada lost in January have resurrected fears of an economic slowdown large enough to scuttle the all-important spring more

Network uses Home Show to build brand, broker awareness by Donald Horne | 2013-02-09 7:16:04 AM

Gary Mauris is billing Dominion Lending Centres’s sponsorship of three of the largest home shows in Canada as a profile boost for all brokers, and not just his more

Time for broker education on non-refi options by Donald Horne | 2013-02-09 7:10:28 AM

Bankruptcy has become an all-too-easy for those unable to refinance, said one mortgage professional, calling on associations to offer a broker course in how to direct clients to other more

Courts, industry taking a hard line on mortgage fraud by Donald Horne | 2013-02-07 6:56:35 AM

An Alberta man on parole for mortgage fraud is going back to prison – proof of the court’s toughening stance on that kind of more

Watch your steps not to pay unfair mortgage commissions by | 2013-02-05 3:44:34 PM

With the complete respect to Mortgage Brokers community, I was the victim of an unfair mortgage commitment that ended me to pay the commission of mortgage broker for doing nothing. I want to share my story may be it would be beneficial for some individuals who are looking for mortgage. I came across to a broker introduced by my friend to find a mortgage. I trusted on him and singed the commitment relying on his explanation that “THERE IS NO LIABILITY AND PENALTY ON THIS MORTGAGE COMMITMENT”. Ultimately, for two or three phone conversations and one hour meeting to get me to sign the commitment I was sued by broker and his legal rep. and I spent about $2500 to get rid of the hell. It is unfortunate that some brokers are trying to get the commitment signed by their clients and regardless of suitability of the offers being brought to the table expect to get their fees. I realized that these people are not successful in their career and are not capable of doing quality jobs; may be no choice they take the approach of “Legal Method of Stealing People’s Money”. More unfortunate part of the story is that they are supported by some Paralegals whose jobs are “Obtaining Lost Commissions whether or not the offer suits client's needs”. Hey individual folks looking for mortgage, "DON’T SIGN ANY MORTGAGE COMMITMENT UNLESS YOU THOROUGHLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES ARE AND DON’T TRUST ON EVERY BROKER, THEY MIGHT TAKE THE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR TRUST AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY UNFAIR MONEY TO THE PEOPLE WHO DON’T DESERVE A more