Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 26 Apr 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The 4th Annual CMP Awards gala was a huge success, attracting approximately 500 guests - the largest attendance so far. Here is the complete list of winners for 2010
  • Ron | 27 Apr 2010, 01:32 AM Agree 0
    Gary Meager
  • steve kates | 27 Apr 2010, 11:42 PM Agree 0
    i am disappionted in your magazine for overlooking northwood mortgage we are the main player in the gta with over 175 agents the most branded brokerage and one of the best employers.for years you have overlooked us. i just wanted to vent my feeling steve kates v.p. northwood
  • Jesse | 28 Apr 2010, 01:44 AM Agree 0
    Hi Steve,
    It's unfortunate Northwood was overlooked, but it's important to remember that the finalists weren't chosen by us, they were nominated by our readers. The winners were also not chosen by us, but from our readers and the appointed judges. I believe a lot of campaigning goes on behind the scenes in order to be nominated, which might be a good strategy for next year.
    regards
  • help for steve | 30 Apr 2010, 03:20 PM Agree 0
    steve... invent/sponsor your own award, place your people on the committee, have a email campaign to win votes.... and you too shall be a winner!
  • KMI Staff | 30 Apr 2010, 09:19 PM Agree 0
    It is unfortunate that you are cynical about the process becuause it does take away the great things all of the nominees and winners have done for the industry over the past year.
  • David Neville | 24 Jun 2010, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    When will you be publishing the photos from the gala. I was there and enjoyed it a lot. But I would love to see all the photos.
  • Brokerguy | 30 Jun 2010, 04:13 AM Agree 0
    There's plenty of brokers and companies that get these awards and they mean nothing but another shot to their egos. It's time to focus on true ethics and helping clients than supporting bad behaviours. We measure volume, not integrity. Several of the nominees even had convictions against them. Take your $300 that you spend (or more) at the gala's and donate to those that will probably not get a chance to use our services - the homeless.
  • Ron Cirotto | 21 Oct 2010, 05:51 PM Agree 0
    The comments seem to indicate animosity and pettiness amongst a few of the attendees. Everyone likes to win an award but I believe diplomacy and respect should prevail.

If one wants to be vindictive then direct your pent up anger at the Banks and the Provincial government. For example why is it that Banks are still (in 2010) not legally required to provide amortization schedules, yet mortgage brokers must. Why do mortgage brokers allow provincial bureaucrats to change the cost of borrowing nomenclature making it even more confusing to the general public, without putting up a fight?
    Ron Cirotto, President, amortization.com Limited.
Post a reply