Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 16 Sep 2010, 10:17 AM Agree 0
The 2009/2010 financials for the Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals (CAAMP) has been examined more closely by canadianmortgagetrends.com.
  • Broker | 17 Sep 2010, 04:45 AM Agree 0
    I am a member of CAAMP because my brokerage says I have to be, but as far as I can see it is just a giant money grab with little to no benefit to the individual brokers such as myself. I have seen no advertising in my community. I have received no increase in business by being a member. What exactly is CAAMP planning on doing with the $4.3million they have of our money?
  • John | 17 Sep 2010, 05:03 AM Agree 0
    I was sort of onside with the above comments until a year ago. That is when I reviewed a report where CAAMP "fired" a number of brokers/agents for conduct unbecoming. I read that the paid exec are replaced on a regular basis. At this point I joined.
  • Faye | 17 Sep 2010, 05:05 AM Agree 0
    Kennedy said it best "Dont ask what your country can do for you instead what you can do for your country." Instead of whining why don't you come up with something constructive? Or run for election. You stand up on your soap box but won't even sign you name. I have been a member since 2000 and fully see the benefit of CAAMP.
  • John | 17 Sep 2010, 05:06 AM Agree 0
    Not sure what part of the country Broker resides, I do know in NL there is a fair amount of advertising both on TV and the local radio. I have advertised the CAAMP difference myself and I sort of tell potential clients that if you are dealing with an AMP, or a person associated with CAAMP, that there is someone they can go to to complain if I do not serve them to the highest standard. (There is no mortgage brokers act here worth a damn).
  • John | 17 Sep 2010, 05:10 AM Agree 0
    (DAMN ENTER KEY!!) As for the rest of the money, I hope they will spend it on more advertising and push the "dangers" of not dealing with a member.
  • Tracy Luciani Price | 17 Sep 2010, 05:31 AM Agree 0
    There is no real partnership between brokers and lenders so the organization is a sham and just a money grab.I object to being forced to join an organization that is meaningless for agents. The conference is window dressing, too expensive for the average agent and mostly serving the lenders needs and that's where the majority of the 1.6 million is spent.It's now just like government, a runaway train! We have no direct input into government changes as witnessed by the April changes to self employeds. We have no real voice as agents.
  • steve kates | 17 Sep 2010, 05:31 AM Agree 0
    camp doesnt represent the brokers all it is is a lenders club and how to control brokers
  • Mike | 17 Sep 2010, 07:29 AM Agree 0
    Perhaps the broker above has joined the industry in recent years after CAAMP (CIMBL) was already established and working). I have been in the industry a little over 20 years, and I noticed the shift in consumer's perception of what a mortgage broker really is and what the prior belief was. This shift was sudden and swift - and it was because of the organization, media coverage. Having a national association with a big voice - the power is in the numbers, and if we stand united, we'll all benefit, but most of all , our clients will benefit first because of the knowledge and value we bring to the table.
  • James | 17 Sep 2010, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    I'd like to know what is included in the $4.3 million in assets. Is that all cash?
  • Ryan | 18 Sep 2010, 03:51 AM Agree 0
    Within every organization there will always be some faults. CAAMP is no exception, but I do believe that they are slowly working on it. The only issue I have is how easy it is to obtain the AMP it feels to me that people after the required time just pay to have it. Instead of being tested, it would be nice to have something that you truly have to study hard to obtain.
  • vittorio | 20 Sep 2010, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    sure do I think that the CAAMP can do more of course, do I believe that the big CAAMP conference needs to come to calgary as well as other place, for sure. do they seem to do more for lenders than broker, yes that is properly true. but it is one of the few organization who will admit when they are wrong, who do not go out of their way to take silly complaints and persume that the mortgage associate is guilty and that the associate has to prove him/herself their innocents. I will take this kind of organization over any other
  • broker | 20 Sep 2010, 09:08 AM Agree 0
    sure do I think that the CAAMP can do more of course, do I believe that the big CAAMP conference needs to come to calgary as well as other place, for sure. do they seem to do more for lenders than broker, yes that is properly true. but it is one of the few organization who will admit when they are wrong, who do not go out of their way to take silly complaints and persume that the mortgage associate is guilty and that the associate has to prove him/herself their innocents. I will take this kind of organization over any other who only jobs is to make the mortgage associate miserable.
Post a reply